DR. KUMARESH KRISHNAMOORTHY
Otolaryngologist | Stratergic Health Tech Start-up Expert | Innovator | Stratergic Healthcare Mentor
Dr. Kumaresh is an established Otolaryngologist having more than 20 years experience who is super specialised in the fields of Head & Neck Surgery and in Otology & Neurotology. He was instrumental in starting Cochlear Implant programmes across many centres in the country and has undertaken very complex head & neck surgeries including cancer surgeries both Nationally and Internationally which have been highlighted in all leading newspapers globally. In view of his achievements he was awarded as the Best ENT Specialist.
He is also a healthcare entrepreneur specializing in deep health tech and unique medical device innovations.
He also serves on the Board of Directors for an environmental start up – Waste2Watts and on the Advisory Board/Mentor panel of healthcare start ups and Incubators.
MBBS - PSG Medical College
MS (ENT) - Madurai Medical College
Senior Resident in Otolayngology - JIPMER
Clinical Observer - UCSF, USA
Fellow in Head & Neck Surgery and Oncology - Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo
Fellow in Otology & Neurotology - University of Cincinnati, Ohio
Apollo Hospitals - Senior Consultant - 2006-2012
Fortis Hospitals - Senior Consultant 2014-2017
Apollo Spectra Hospitals - Senior Consultant 2013- 2019
Manipal Hospital, Jayanagar – Senior Consultant 2017-Present
1.·Challenges in Starting a Cochlear Implant Program in a developing country.
2.Delayed Extrusion of Hydroxyapatite Following Transpetrosal Reconstruction.
3.DuraSeal: A novel agent to prevent CSF leak. Presented at the Triological Society Meeting,
4.Use of a Novel Ultrasonic Surgical System for Decompression of the Facial Nerve.
Presented at the Triological Society Meeting, Chicago, 2006.
5.Intraoperative nerve monitoring in skull base surgery. Presented at the Annual academy of
Otolaryngologists meeting, Toronto, September 2006.
6.Esthesioneuroblastoma: Review of 25 cases- Thesis submitted to Roswell Park Cancer
Institute, Buffalo, USA.
1) Sarcoidosis for Encyclopedia of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Springer
2) Cancer of the Skull Base in Essentials of Head and Neck Cancer , Byword Books
1. Indian Academy of Otorhinolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery
2.Indian Association of Otolaryngology, National Conferences
3.At various IMA Branches
4.At various IT Tech parks
5. Key note Speaker for an International Conference at Dubai
6. Key note Speaker for Otolaryngology conference at Mumbai
7. Invited Speaker at Otolaryngology Conclaves across the Country
8. Invited speaker for the Dental Surgeons
9. Invited speaker at Schools in South Bangalore
1. First Head & Neck Surgery Fellow at AIMS
2. First Indian Fellow for Otology & Neurotology Fellowship at UC
3. Awarded as Best ENT Specialist in Bangalore
4. Distinguished Alumni Awardee of PSG Institutions
5. Healthcare Influencer Award
CURRENT HEALTHCARE INNOVATIONS :
1. Nano Healthtech
2. AI for early detection of diseases including cancers
3. IoT/Bluetooth enabled Patient Monitoring System
4. IoT enabled Video Laryngoscope
5. UV Bot for Hospital/Hospitality Industries
6. Neonatal/Paediatric Video Laryngoscope
7. Smart Toilet System
8. Digital Pathology
9. Portable Steilizing Carrier for instruments
10. Outdoor Air Purification
11. Waste to Energy